Differences Between Free and Premium Accounts
We pride ourselves on delivering a free product that has a positive impact (especially on children) and provides our 20+ million educators and students the best educational experience possible.
Here are the gains when you choose to go Premium.
-The main Premium advantage is that you and your students will appreciate the great ad-free experience. Being ad-free means you'll be saving on bandwidth (which can result in faster page-loadings). It also provides a distraction-free environment for your students and a better focus on their part.
- Free users have access to our grade-based typing lessons, tests, and games. Premium users enjoy these features while also being provided with access to our Premium-only creative writing and coding units! These are amazing tools that provide students with additional help in practicing their ELA and tech skills.
- As mentioned, the free Typing.com account limits the amount of stored student data to 70 days. With premium licenses, there are no time limits to data storage.
-Student "seats" (also known as licenses) are completely transferable. For instance, if a student leaves your class at any time in the course of the year, that "seat" is freed up for another student to use.
- Free users have access to our class-level customizable settings. Premium users are provided with this access while also having individualized settings for each student. This allows for full Individualized Education Programs (IEP).
The following features are Premium exclusive:
- Assignments-Fine graded control of student progress with assignable lessons, tests, and games.
- LMS Integration - Automatically sync your assignments with Google Classroom.
- Account management - Dedicated account management.
- Real-time student monitoring - View live students' activity and progress from the freedom of your desk.
- Auto Grading - Save time grading with customizable speed and accuracy thresholds.
- Benchmarking - Control lesson progression with customizable speed and accuracy minimums.
- Daily Goals - Encourage students to increase their time spent practicing typing by setting daily practice time goals.
- Support- Get guaranteed, first-response phone and email
Note: Bulk discounts are available for teachers, schools, and districts.
To get a price quote, check out our article on How to get a quote or email firstname.lastname@example.org.