Edit Your Account Settings (Student)
Do you need to change your password? Input your First and Last Name? Or maybe you need to join a different class? If the answer is yes to any of these question, you're in the right place.
Here, we'll show you how to change your account settings.
One setting you won't be able to change is your username; this is your account's unique identifier in our system and there is no way to change it.
Pro-Tip: If you belong to a class and don't see a particular setting, it's likely that your teacher has restricted access to the students.
Let’s get started.
Step 1: Log in to your account here.
Step 2: Hover over your name and click “Account Settings.”
Step 3: On this page, you can change your password or join a classroom (you need to have a join-code to join a classroom). Then Click “Update Password” or “Join Classroom” (whichever is applicable). On this page you can also find the fields for your First Name, Last Name, and your Email (unless your class has been restricted access).
Other settings: Once you start working on a lesson screen, these are some of the settings you will have access to (unless restricted):
- When there's a video to watch, there is a button that allows you to Skip Video
- On the top right corner of the page you will find three icons:. These are for the following (from left to right):
- restart the screen you've been working on
- toggle typing sounds, error sounds, and the dictation feature
- show/hide keyboard, show/hide hands, and whether to animate the hands
That’s it! Now you know how to change most settings for your account.